1) To maintain and enhance shared governance within the University to foster a positive teaching and research environment.
2) To promote bi-directional communication between Faculty and the Administration.
3) To identify and examine critical issues and make recommendations consistent with the mission of the University.
4) To provide advice on key University processes including policies, procedures and rules to promote quality teaching, research and education.
5) To promote and support faculty representation throughout the University functions and processes.