FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
BAY HALL - ROOM 126
Attachments are linked in line on the agenda. Let me know if this is a problem as it eliminates duplicate effort.
- Approval of minutes, February, March,
- Welcome and Introductions
- Speaker's Report.
Parking, Parking Fees Report by Jody Nelson
New Draft, Letter from Provost, Links below are policies named in the tenure policy. The links are for your convenience.
- (no catologue copy this year?)
- Facilities Use
Not all will have reports.
- Academic Affairs Committee (no catologue copy this year?)
- ABE Committee, Election Results
- Budget Committee
- Committee on Committees (Survey Monkey)
- Faculty Affairs
Certificates for outgoing senators etc.
Introduce new senators
Motion to Adjourn 2010-2011 Senate.
Call meeting to order
Election of Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Secretary (Ajay)
(chair or a selected rep from each committee serves on the Senate Executive Committee)
- Honorary Degree Committee-No Report
- Instructional Technology and Distance Education Committee-Met but nothing much to report.
- Inter-Institutional Program Development Committee - No report
- Parking and Transportation Committee -Steve Hall,
- Core Curriculum Committee (FC³)- Kristen Davs
- Student Publications Committee -Renee Ridley
- University Center & Student Activities (UCSA) Advisory Council -Renee Ridly
- Undergraduate Admissions Committee- We need to have a rep for this on senate.
- Veterans Affairs- Chuck Etheridge
- Diversity Committee-Chuck Etheridge
- Graduate Council - Chuck Etheridge
- Honors Council- Bilaye Benibo, Cherie McCollough
- Enrollment Management Council -Bilaye Benibo
- Intercollegiate Athletics Council - Bilaye Benibo
- Student Success and Retention Council - Vacant but Lizzy is on it
- Undergraduate Council- David Moury
- University Committee on Committees- Karen Loveland
Discusssion of Tenure Policy
- Faculty Affairs (dealing with tenure policy, there is work between now and May 15)
- Academic Affairs (catalog is part of their charge and there is also work probably)
- Committee on Committees (The sooner COC gets its job done the smoother things are in fall there is work to be done)
- Budget ( nothing on the plate now but with the budget cuts this could be a big one one come fall)
- Awards Bylaws and Elections (They have a steady stream of business and they will probably be charged with looking at how the senate is organized regarding turnover of speakership)